X-Trema Line is a twelve-strand HMPE (High Modulus Polyethylene) rope made from Dyneema® fibers. Our X-Trema Line has an unmatched weight-to-strength ratio. Compared to a steel wire rope of the same size, it will match the breaking strength at only 15% of the weight.
The high-visibility orange coating is intended as a safety feature to maintain line visibility even after heavy use. With a specific gravity of 0.98 it is the lightest/ strongest rope available and even floats on water. It also features excellent resistance to abrasion, UV, salt water, bending and tension fatigue.
X-Trema Line is widely used in both surface and deep mining operations including recovery lines, tow lines, shield hawing lines, winch lines or almost any man-handled wire rope application where reduced weight will be of benefit. X-Trema line is also ideal in logging applications such as logging truck tie downs and hauling line utilized with drones.
Other general purpose industry benefits:
• Minimal moisture absorption
• Resistant to fuels and cleaning solutions
• Excellent abrasion resistance
• Excellent UV resistance
• No broken wire hazards
• Easy single operator installation
• No kink damage design
• Safety orange for high visibility
• Easy visual inspection criteria…no internal hidden wear or corrosion
• Same strength whether wet or dry
• Minimal moisture absorption…will not freeze-up in cold wet weather
• Excellent chemical resistance