The Phillystran Special Projects team combines in-depth knowledge of high performance, engineering synthetic fibers and almost 50 years design and manufacturing capability to produce innovative solutions that deliver better performance for longer.
Faced with what seems like an intractable problem? Unlike traditional engineering materials, the properties of synthetic fibers are infinitely adaptable. Utilising different constructions, coatings and jacketing processes creates synthetic fiber ropes and cables that are at home in the high temperatures encountered in glass manufacture or supporting 1000ft antennae in the scorching Arabian desert, as well as the variation of sub-zero winter wind chill and hot summer sun experienced by Phillystran cable stays atop 1WTC.
Examples of Special Projects:
- Water Sports - A launching rope integrated into a system to create waves in an onshore water sports pool.
- Glass Processing - Hardened glass plates come straight out of the oven at 485 °C / 900 °F and rests on our specially engineered synthetic braids conveying the cooling glass safely to a cooling chamber.
- Zip Lines - Synthetic ropes for Zip lines using Phillystran polymer covered lines with aramid cores.
- Emergency Stop - Synthetic Emergency Stop / Shut down lines to put conveyors into emergency stop.
- Offshore Salvage - Custom engineered salvage ropes.
- Aerial / Flying Crane - High performance fiber slings for lifting by helicopters.